Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
Manuscript and Editorial Consulting
Now I See
All Kinds of Minds
|Posted on 22 July, 2013 at 23:15||comments ()|
"What can the world learn from different kinds of minds?"
This weekend I listened to a fascinating series on NPR's TED Radio Hour on "mental illness." I put the term in quotes here, because these brilliant people are reframing what it means to have a mind that works differently.
How can someone with severe schizoprhenic episodes graduate from Yale Law? Elyn Saks,legal scholar and author of The Center Cannot Hold, talks about her experience.
Humorist Joshua Walters examines the difference between mental illness and "mental skillness." (The difference depends on where you fall on the bipolar spectrum.)
- depression, Carter Center, mental health, women, Black health, Ntozake Shange, Terrie Williams (1)
- Black men, depression (1)
- counsel, depression, hotline (1)
- grief, sadness, depression (1)
- meditation, depression, anxiety, mental health, mindfulness (1)
- mental health, church, religion, spirituality, depression (1)
- mental wellness (1)
- mental illness (1)
- independence, self esteem, self help, women (5)